Sunday, September 1, 2013

Catching Up On Jay Quotes

May 29th, 2012
Jay: "What does genius mean?"
Me: "It means really smart."
Jay: "Oh. That's why I'm smarter than you."

May 30th, 2012
About six times a day Jay tells me that I am "the loved of heaven." I'm not sure what that means but I take it as a great compliment!

May 30th, 2012
Jay: "My favorite colors are red and orange. And Ty's favorite colors are dark black and dark white."

June 7th, 2012
Jay: "I love burnt water! Not everybody does."


FROM FACEBOOK:

July 18th, 2012
-Coming home from the gym with the boys-
Me: "Okay Jay, at some point I'm going to need to take a shower..."
Jay: (interrupting) "At some point I'm going to need to watch T.V."


September 5th, 2012
Jay: "Mom, I need some eye for my wad."
(Ever since he learned that you can give people nicknames by shortening their real names he started shortening everything.)
Translation: "I need some ice for my water."


September 27, 2012
Jay: "Mom, I have a great idea of how to make our family bigger!"
Me: "Oh yeah?"
Jay: (So excited) "Yeah!...Have more babies!"


October 31st, 2012
Jay dressed as a fireman for Halloween. He says his fire extinguisher "shoots out barrels of hugs and kisses... even snuggles."

November 28th, 2012
Me: "Ugh... Our house is so trashed!"
Jay: "No it's not, Mom! It's loved."


December 13th, 2012
Jay: (just now standing by the living room window) "Mom, can we open these blinds since we're all dressed?"

December 15th, 2012
I've had Christmas music in my head all day. So I'm belting out the line, "Do you know what I know?" and Jay leans over to me and whispers, "Yes. I do."
 
January 16th, 2013
Ty is limping around the house refusing to put his left heel on the ground.

Me (to Jay): "Jay, why is Ty limping like that? Did he step on something?"
Jay (dryly): "I don't know Mom. Maybe he wanted to show you a trick."

No comments: