Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Updates

#1) We ended up taking Jay to a new doctor in Draper last week. Awesome experience. They did a new scratch test and ordered a blood test which we are still waiting for the results of. It looks as though Jay is definitely allergic to beef, lamb and pork but NOT peanuts. It's a long story but the first jerky doctor lied to us because he thought that feeding a child with food allergies peanuts is a bad idea. So instead of just telling us to avoid them, he made up a reaction to the scratch test (actually recorded the size of this "reaction") and told us that he was in fact allergic to peanuts. I felt really weird about that. Now I know why.

#2) In better news, my ward did a reenactment of the first Relief Society meeting two weeks ago and they asked me to play Emma. (I'm on the right end.) It was a super cool experience. It's one thing to hear stories about Emma in church. It's an entirely different thing to hear stories about Emma when you are pretending to be her. And the best part is that I found out Emma actually was 5'9", with dark hair and olive skin. Hello... that is so me.

#3) Jay is growing and eating better. Oh and he needs a new jacket...
He goes through phases of food he likes. Right now it's sliced turkey and aliens (frozen peas).

Those are pretty much the highlights. Exciting right? I do, however, get to go to Boise for TWO WEEKS at the beginning of April! I get to see my nieces, my sister's family, my brother Eric, my parents, and hopefully some friends. (Oh and Joe's family of course!) As much as I love St. George, I am always thrilled to go home for a visit.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so happy that you have a decent dr. now. I can't believe Jay is allergic to beef, lamb, and pork but maybe he'll out grow all that but if not I pray that God gives you the strength to get through all of this.

Mom and Dad Brady said...

We all felt much better after the second Dr. appt. Not about Jay's additional allergies, but about feeling like you have the correct information to work with now. Good job helping him eat his peas by calling them aliens. That's so funny! WE'LL SEE YOU IN ST. GEORGE FIRST-THEN LOOK FORWARD TO HAVING YOU IN BOISE/MERIDIAN FOR A VISIT!!!

Shannon said...

First of all, how adorable are you as Emma?! And hallelujah for a good doctor who affirmed that Jay's not allergic to peanuts. Way to go for following your instinct. Love you, Stacy!

**Oh, and... I just bought a plane ticket to Italy! Davvero! Ci sentiamo presto...