Tuesday, March 1, 2011

It's Official

Yes my smart friends... we are expecting number two! I'm due September 15th and we are very excited. I should find out in just over a month what we are having.

The downside to all of this is that I have been sick as a dog! Which makes going to school a little tricky. The upside is that I have felt great for the past 5 days and I'm hoping that morning sickness is over. Now if I could just stop having migraines I wouldn't even feel pregnant other than my growing tummy.

Now I do have to add that amid all the excitement, there is a small part of me that is so sad to take any attention away from Jay. I know that sounds naive but we have had so much fun as the three of us. He'll be three when the baby is born and he knows something big is happening. He's so sweet. The whole time I was sick he would bring me blankets and turn off the lights if I had a headache. One day, he told me he was sad because Mommy couldn't play with him anymore! How do people do this more than once?!

6 comments:

Landon and Julie said...

CONGRATS!!!! And Jay is the cutest!!!

Ashlie said...

Congrats!!!! That is so exciting!

Teann said...

I know what you mean - wondering whether you could love another one just as much as the first and how life is about to change a LOT. But you WILL love that baby just as much as Jay and you'll soon think, Gee, how did we ever exist without our 4th member?? I'm glad you are probably at the end of your sickness time. :) Congrats again!

Marie said...

I hope those migraines go away! And don't worry... love multiplies.

The Meffords said...

Congrats! Jay will be a great big brother! We can be sick prego buddies! The toilet and I are pretty tight these days! Congrats!

Camille said...

I remember that being a tuff one with Gideon too. I could not comprehend how I was going to do it and how I would feel. It was amazing to see the lord's hand in my life and how he helped me after I had my second. Just wait and see and just let him be a part of this experience with you. Change is hard but is good. Good luck with that one momma!