Friday, November 6, 2009

A Word to the Wise

With all the buzz and hysteria over the swine flu it's hard to know whether or not to go see a doctor when you are sick. When I first started feeling sick at the beginning of this week, I called my doctor hoping to get some Tamiflu. No dice. I was told that not only could I not get Tamiflu but that I basically should just stay home, drink a ton of water, and wait it out. So that's what I was doing and I was getting sicker and sicker. I had the worst soar throat of my entire life. Talking, swallowing, eating... BREATHING hurt. Finally, after I showed Joe my throat and he jumped back saying, "HOLY COW!" with a look of horror on his face, I decided that I better go to the doctor. (Admittedly, I probably should have figured that out a day or two earlier because my whole throat was white and bleeding.) So I went to the doctor yesterday and guess what... I have Strep! The doctor reacted about the same as Joe did when she saw my throat and she gave me Hydrocodone for the pain. I was pretty excited to finally be able to sleep and I actually feel better already with the other medicine they gave me too.

So the moral of my story is this: GO TO THE DOCTOR!! And be careful because obviously Strep is out there too. The End.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Yikes Stacy! That sounds awful! Hopefully you're really on the mend now. Love you!