Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Homecomings

I'm a little slow to post about this but Brittny came home from her mission!!! For those of you who do not know Brittny, she is one of my very best friends. We met each other in the Mountain View Single's Branch over 3 years ago. A few bad break-ups later and we were bonded for life. Brittny was convinced that I needed to marry one of her cousins so that we could be family. Well we are now second cousins! (Her dad and Joe's dad are cousins.) Close enough.
Look how happy we are to be cousins...She left on her mission to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida and I missed her terribly. But I waited... I wasn't the best writer... but I waited. And now she's back! She came all the way from Wyoming to speak in the single's branch two weeks ago. (She's kind of a big deal around here.) She stayed at Joe's parents' house and since Joe was out of town, I stayed there too. We had all sorts of adventures. My favorite though was recreating our favorite bike ride on the greenbelt from before her mission.

Then:
(June 29, 2007)
And Now:
(August 31, 2009)
Then: And Now:
I love you Brittny!
It was so much fun... oh and really hard! We rode 13 miles on the junkiest bikes. Brittny's seat had a broken spring that poked her the whole time and mine wouldn't shift gears! But we made it and even though we discovered just how out of shape we were this time around, it was fun to talk about the good ways that we had changed too.

One of the biggest changes in my life had never met Brittny. Now they are great friends too.
They were so cute together.
Brittny, we miss you! Come back soon.

The other homecoming was just as exciting and momentous. Joe left town for two weeks!!! Can you imagine me making it through that? Me who dedicated a whole blog post to him after only a day of absence a few months ago! Yes I made it though... barely. But he's home now and I'm very happy.

I love you too Joe!

3 comments:

Amy and Drew said...

That post made my day! You guys are adorable!

Marie said...

Wow. I'm impressed you made it two weeks without mentioning it once. I would've been complaining...

G & G Brady said...

It was fun to have Brittny here. I also had to laugh at that picture of you and Joe. For some reason--I didn't remember that one.
It fits you two amazingly well.