Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July

We spent Saturday night hanging out at Jim's house with all the Utah cousins. It was fun to watch the kids play and run around. I can't wait til Jay can join in that. He mostly slept.

Here's John and Jay. They look like cousins to me. And they got that face from my Dad. After he woke up, Jay was all about the swing set. He got that from me. (Swing champ.. kindergarten.. I don't think I need to expound.)
I have to say that I have the CUTEST nieces and nephews alive. (That goes for both sides of the family!) I just have to show them off:

Michael (Amy's oldest)
I love the helmet... mowing the sidewalk can be dangerous.
Zachary (Amy's 2nd)Daniel (Amy's 3rd)
John (Amy's new baby)
Emily (Jim's oldest)
Spencer (Jim's 2nd)
Matthew (Jim's 3rd)
I couldn't not post this picture... also Matthew.
I missed getting a picture of Gabriel (Jim's youngest.. but not for much longer.) Cute kids no?

Anyhow we ate, played, and of course did some fireworks.
My favorite part was the sparklers though.
My dad was pretty good at the twirling technique.
I just love how magical they look in pictures.
Emily was really good at getting cool pictures.
And once Jim saw how cool the pictures turned out, he wanted to try too. Like father, like daughter I guess.
I love this picture because it makes Emily look like a wizard or something.
There are a ton more pictures but I don't want to bore you all. Just know they were cool too. To my family: Thanks for the weekend and I'll get you a CD of the pictures. Love you guys.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I need to try taking pictures of the awesome sparkler effect. Yours are awesome. And I LOVE the picture of Jay in the swing!