Friday, May 22, 2009

Accident Prone

(I know I've been posting a lot lately. I have a billion other things I should be doing right now but for some reason writing is therapeutic for me. It calms me down.)  

Anyway, I've always been accident prone... ALWAYS. From the time I was tiny when I broke my arm playing a game that I made up (how embarrassing), to the time in college when I fell down a mountain, fell down ice skating, then passed out and hit my head all within 24 hours. Pretty much doing anything can be dangerous for me. I don't think Joey really knew how extreme this problem was until this morning. He was mowing the lawn but had to leave to go do some other things. So he asked if I would finish up. We both went out to make sure that I could start the lawn mower. I pulled a few times and it barely turned over. Finally Joe said something like, "Don't be a wuss." So I pulled as hard as I could and managed to jam two of my fingers on the bar that goes across the the top of the lawn mower. Then I blacked out and went down! Joe didn't know what was happening. I guess he thought I just wanted to sit down. He said he was thinking, "Stacy, don't sit down... there's thorns." When I came to I found him sitting next to me laughing. Honestly, who passes out trying to start a lawn mower?! I lead a sad, sad life. 

5 comments:

Amy Bates said...

Ha ha ha ha ha...but, seriously, when did you break your arm?

Stacy Brady said...

3rd grade. Not to be confused with the time that I slipped on the icy black top in 2nd grade and grabbed a tether ball to keep me standing, which of course spun me round and round until I smacked my head on the pole and got a concussion.

Marie said...

I am laughing out loud... hard. Oh, Stacy. Thanks for being so entertaining.

Amy Bates said...

Was there a cast involved? Am I totally blocking this one out?!

Stacy Brady said...

Yes it was bright pink! I'm a little hurt. This is proof that I wasn't a the spoiled sister afterall or else you'd remember. Just kidding. It was sad though cuz I had to sit out an entire season of soccer.