Monday, February 23, 2009

Valentine's and Little Mozart

Valentine's Day was so much fun this year! When Joey and I got married I made sure that he knew just how important this typically disappointing, over-commercialized holiday was to me. I have NEVER liked Valentine's Day. I thought it was stupid... mostly because as a single person it was just another reminder that I was still single! So when I got married I was determined to make this day as exciting and disgustingly sappy as I could to compensate for all the years of disenchantment... Deep down we all want a fairy tale.

This year Joey assured me that he had it all taken care of. I was instructed to leave the house with Jay for a few hours while he took care of dinner! When I returned home, I opened the door to find roses and Sparkling Cider on our coffee table in the living room! Oh and the smell of something baking in the oven... He had a little help from Papa Murphy!

It was so cute. We sat at our coffee table eating heart-shaped pizza, sipping sparkling cider and watching "Pure Luck". (It's up there with "Gone With the Wind" as far as romances go! Can't you tell by the movie poster?)
In other news, Jay has started to compose...
He's quite good actually.
The creative process really takes a toll on the boy though!

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Stacy! You didn't tell me how much Jay is growing! He looks like a little boy in some of these pictures and not like the baby that he is... (sorry if that depresses you at all...)! Love ya!

Shannon said...

oh, and Pure Luck = hilarity. LOVE that movie!

Amy Bates said...

Pure luck! Now that's the movie I should have got!! I spent 30 minutes on Valentines Day digging through the bargin bin at Walmart looking for Princess Bride...no luck...After our "romantic" day we spent the evening talking and then gave in and watched old episodes of LOST! See you in a couple of days.

Amy Harris Shearman said...

Stacy! I haven't seen a picture of your little man yet he's soooo handsome! Glad that you guys are doing well. It was fun to see you at the temple the other month :) For some reason, every time I go I always run into someone I know haha. Anyway, hope you don't mind me looking at your blog, it's fun to see how everybody is doing!

Livi said...

How do you know Sam W?

Devin said...

Jeez, nobody even comments on what a great job Joey did. Wasn't that the whole point of the post? Heart shaped pizza and Pure Luck, and that only took you a few hours to prepare? Amazing. On our first Valentine's day I came home with Karate Kid, one of the great love stories of our time. You're not quite me yet, but you're on the right track Joe.