Friday, June 17, 2011

Secret Keeping

FAIL! I gave Joe his Father's Day present last night. (Sorry about the terrible picture. It was dark.) I have yet to not ruin a holiday or birthday surprise for Joe. I just can't help myself. I get so excited about whatever I got him that I either give it to him early or tell him what it is or give him dozens of hints until he guesses. What is wrong with me?! I know that if I could just wait 24-48 hours (okay sometimes a whole week) until the actual holiday, it would mean sooo much more. But I can't. I'm simply not capable of doing it.

Anyhow, I decided I would post about it in case anyone was struggling for an idea for their husband or Dad. This was actually quite the adventure since the craft store only had unpainted letters in this size. It was already almost 100 degrees outside so I ran home, left the car running with Jay inside, spray painted the letters on a box on my driveway, and then threw them in the trunk to dry on the way to the park. We managed not to ruin any clothing in the process. I call that a success.

It was hard to choose which pictures should go in the frame. Jay is just too cute...

2 comments:

Janelle said...

Oh my goodness. He IS cute!! I hope you're showing him my picture every night and telling him about how awesome I am so that when I come in a month he just loves me on the spot:)

Mom and Dad Brady said...

Wow, this is soooo cute. The pictures make me laugh and smile. Thanks for showing us so we can enjoy them too.