Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Funny Developments

Jay now sucks his thumb.... ALL THE TIME. It's honestly the cutest thing ever but I just know that I'm going to be horrible at making him stop and he'll suck his thumb until he's thirty! It's so funny because he hasn't learned to make his hand into a fist while he does it so he ends up covering his whole face with his hand. It's a wonder he can even breathe!It does help him fall asleep at night, though, which is something to be grateful for. I just hope he is really falling asleep and not just passing out from lack of oxygen.
Another new thing is that Jay finally takes a pacifier. Hooray for being able to sit through Sunday School! We've been trying to get him to take one for a while now but it wasn't until I tried letting him suck on a Red Cross Pacifier Thermometer that he finally stuck to it. He loves it and refuses to suck on any other pacifiers. I guess I can check his temperature whenever I want!
And the last quirky thing that my child likes, I discovered last week. You know when there are a thousand things to do around the house but your child is demanding to be entertained? Well, some moms resort to a bouncer.... some resort to a carseat on top of the washer or dryer. But what if both fail?... I say you can't have too much of a good thing:
He especially likes the spin cycle!

3 comments:

G & G Brady said...

MAN THIS BOY IS CUTE!!!!! He looks Sooooo happy in his bouncer on top of the washer.

Shannon said...

i love it Stacy - bouncer on top of the washer! Sounds like fun to me. I know you wanted to get up there with him...

You never mentioned anything about your anniversary - were you two able to go out at all?

And in response to your comment on my post - I am in complete agreement. I will always laugh out loud at that picture. And you should be a model. You and Jay together. Except maybe he shouldn't cover his face so much...

love ya!

Chelsea B. said...

Looks like he's a thumb sucker! He is very cute though!