Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Highlights

It's been a long time since I've blogged because life has been CRAZY! We've had two family reunions... one in Boise and one in Las Vegas. We're moving in a week and a half! And we're fixing up the house that we're moving into while trying to move out of this one. Oh and did I mention that I'm having a baby NEXT MONTH.

So to keep myself sane I decided I better blog while I have a minute. I went through my pictures today and here are some highlights of the past month.

Jay turned 3!
I made him a Handy Manny toolbox cake.
I think he liked it. We also had most of Joe's family in town so they came and showered him with awesome gifts. Thanks guys!

Here's a day when we made Blue's Clues pancakes. I was a bit disappointed that my blue batter turned so brown when I cooked them. Duh Stace!

Jay is growing up so fast. We're potty training him. And some days he even dresses himself...
Um yeah.

As for the house that we are fixing up...
Here's a sneak peak of the colors that we had to paint over...

Our room:
(Joe was all ready to paint it half orange and have a Bronco room!)

Jay's room:
Joe's parents bought this house in Hurricane (20 min. from St. George) and we're going to rent it for a while. It's actually a pretty cute house... just very bright and very dirty. Fixing it up has been really fun. I'm pretty sure I've broken every rule of pregnancy while doing it though. There I am balancing on a ladder, breathing in paint fumes and cleaning products, only to take a break to eat my unmicrowaved deli meat sandwich. And at the end of the day I go home tired and sore and do what?... take a hot bath. I could really use some sushi right now. (I kid.)

Anyhow, the house is almost done and my next post will probably be before and after pictures!

4 comments:

The Garlands said...

Those are some very bright walls :) I'm sure the house will look great.

Anonymous said...

Okay, the cake is adorable and so is Jay when he dresses himself!! AH! I love it!

Shannon said...

You're due NEXT MONTH?! Time flew by on this one... for me at least. It's been forever since we've talked. You're moving, Jay is getting so big (and potty-trained - is that going well?), and you'll have a new little baby in the next few weeks. Wow. Let's talk soon? LOVE YOU!

Mom and Dad Brady said...

Oh Stace! You ARE so busy. Wish I was in top form to be there helping you. I will recover from this surgery and help you as much as I can. Jay's cake was SO CUTE! You really are creative. Looking forward to seeing the changes at the house, (and even trying to help you guys.) Love you 4! Please don't overdo. Let others help you.